Not only do we get the biggest news of 2019 today as SWIFT joins forces with R3. but then Ripples drops another bomb on us as they hire a former member of Citi to fill its general counsel spot. Stuart Alderoty joins Ripple as general counsel and will report directly to Brad Garlinghouse. Stuart will oversee all legal services and help manage the companies global legal, policy and Bank Secrecy Act compliance terms.
A little background on Stuart Alderoty:
- 30 years of legal experience in banking and regulatory affairs
- Joining Ripple from a leading financial GIANT Citi where he served as an Executive Vice President General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
- Responsible for all legal, corporate governance and insurance risk
- Former Executive Vice President and General Counsel for HSBC North America
- Former Managing Counsel at American Express
Stuart Alderoty comment on joining Ripple “Blockchain technology is transforming the financial services industry and Ripple has been at the forefront for both its technology and thoughtful approach to policy. I am thrilled to join Ripple and work alongside this great team Brad has assembled as we find new ways to partner with leading policymakers and continue to create significant solutions for Ripple’s users and end-customers throughout the world.”