The National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), the largest financial institution in the country, announced in 2018 that it has launched “NBK Direct Remit” which enables cross-border live payments by utilizing RippleNet’s blockchain technology.
Through NBK Direct Remit, customers can have access to fast cross-border money transfer solutions 24/7. By adopting RippleNet’s technology, the bank plans to launch even further solutions to meet the growing demand of its customer base, the statement said.
Today, @bankxrp spotted the ‘Runs On Ripple” logo.
— 𝗕𝗮𝗻𝗸XRP (@BankXRP) March 3, 2021
Send money instantly with NBK Direct Remit. Log in to your NBK Online Banking and securely transfer to beneficiaries 24/7, for just KD 1 per transaction. NBK Direct Remit currently offers transfers to Jordan and will soon add services to more countries.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This service is available for all NBK Customers with access to NBK Online Banking.
WHAT DO I GET?
- With NBK Direct Remit, you can enjoy an innovative, secure and reliable remittance service
- Get 24/7 accessibility on NBK Online Banking and remit funds from the comfort of your home or office
- The first service is available for Jordan
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?
- Log in to NBK Online Banking and register any number of beneficiaries to transfer money instantly
- Enjoy easy and secure access to send money for only KD 1 per transaction
You must have an NBK Online Banking account in order to add a beneficiary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NBK DIRECT REMIT TO JORDAN
- Direct remit to NBK – Jordan is KD 1 per transaction
- Direct remit to other banks in Jordan is KD 5 per transaction
Non-NBK beneficiary bank charges: Charged as per the receiving bank applicable charges if any
In the absence of other impediments, NBK shall transmit the direct remit transaction amount to the beneficiary’s account as following:
- Instant credit, if funds are remitted to a NBK- Jordan account
- Other banks will be routed via Automated Clearing House (ACH)/RTGS
- Local Jordanian banks’ working hours and holidays will apply